We can't say for certain yet when other activities will resume, but we will be revisiting this question at the end of March when the latest government update is made public. In the meantime, the Faversham Community Kitchen will be continuing to run online social and cook-a-long sessions every Wednesday and Friday - everyone's welcome, please scroll down the page for details of how to connect to one of these sessions.
We know many people may still be uncomfortable about leaving home, and there's no absolutely no pressure to do so until you're comfortable and ready. We've got lots of days and timeslots when you can come to the garden, so there's no need to worry about missing out - please get in touch only when you're ready to come back.
- We will be reinstating the weekly rota of 2 hour morning and afternoon sessions, every weekday except for Tuesdays.
- Sessions are booked by contacting us at 01795 539915 or email@example.com - please include your name, your preferred day and time, and how we can get in touch to confirm your slot.
- We will be maintaining and reminding people about all pre-existing rules around social distancing and hygiene so that everyone can feel safe while at the garden.
- The gate will remain closed, but will be unlocked for people to let themselves in for their timeslot.
We're looking forward to seeing more familiar faces, and we thank everyone for understanding as we begin to bring people back at a slow and safe pace, continuing to take things one day at a time as we all have been this past year.
Reopening To The Public:
Due to the ongoing situation we sincerely regret that we do not currently have any plans to reopen the garden to the general public. As soon as that changes we will post any updates both here, and on our Facebook and other social media pages.
Useful links and contact information for accessing support during lockdown:
- Taking good care of our own and each other's mental health is vital at the moment - for an excellent list of resources to support you or someone you know please click here.
- The local Safe Haven 24 hour phone lines, providing crisis support for those struggling during the pandemic, can be reached on 07876 476703 or 07483 163953.
- The Abbey Physic Community Garden can provide members with vouchers to access Faversham Food Bank, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01795 539915 - to visit the Faversham Food Bank website please click here.
- The APCG Members' Whatsapp Group is available to all with smartphones or tablets - for an invite to the group please contact email@example.com.
- The Faversham Community Coronavirus Help and Support group can be found on Facebook - please click here.
- The Covid-19 Mutual Aid website has a comprehensive list of groups organising support for residents of all areas, including smaller villages - to search for a group please click here
Very best wishes,
The Abbey Physic Community Garden Team